MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-02-2001, 09:20 PM   #1
Chris_H
Registered Member

Post Racing seats for daily driver...

Ok I have finally had it with my drivers seat. The bottom side is all busted up underneath so the seat sags real bad. While messing with my armrest yesterday, I noticed that my bracket holding the seat down is busted on the back side by the door, not good at all. So now I can see me hitting something and flying out of the car like an ejection seat. Anyway, I was looking at the Cerullo XR3 seat, and wanted to know if anybody was using one? I want to have the top slots for my eventual 5 point harness. This seat must also be comfortable enough to drive 1,500 miles at a time like I just did last week to Chicago. So, I guess what I am getting at, is what seats are you using, what did they cost, and how comfortable are they? This car will see daily driving and open track time later down the road. Thanks for the help, and sorry for the long post.

Chris
Chris_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2001, 09:59 PM   #2
jerryIII

Cool

I ran racing buckets in my wifes 81 mustang,,

Not sure about the seats your talking. but the ones we had were ok for about 100 miles, then yer *** goes numb (kinda like on a harley), i guess if you don't mind a numb *** and hem's, you could survive 1500 miles....

you may want to check at stryker (or some other police supplier on the net), their seats are built for heavy use and durability (hell look at some of the cop's, if the seats can hold up to their big asses).....

the P.D. seats have alot of the support racing seats have, the $$$$ may be a bit more, but probly well worth it....

good luck

------------------
Black,84 GT,ground effects,shorty headers, 'open' dual exh.,302 HO(no pollution control crap),T5,89 ported heads,edelbrock Performer manifold, Edelbrock 2122 cam,600 Holley, high volume oil pump...

gears (4:10's) coming soon. N2O, soon to follow!!!
Old 08-02-2001, 10:30 PM   #3
Chris_H
Registered Member

Sorry I meant to post the link to the seats I was looking at.
http://www.cerullo.com/sport_xr3.html

Chris
Old 08-02-2001, 10:38 PM   #4
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

I have the corbeau forza's for my truck, they are more of a racing seat, but corbeau has really high quality. For comfortabilty, and awesome looks, I would recommend going with http://www.corbeau.com/brochure/a4.html

------------------
3:55's,BBK Off-Road H-pipe,BBK jet-hot coated equal length shorty headers,BBK 70mm Throttle Body,BBK adjustable clutch quadrant,C & L 76mm Mass air meter, PRO 5.0, Subframe connectors, Cobra R's 17x9 w/ 245's,Trick Flow Intake,Flowmaster Force II exhaust system, Super Duty T5,Centerforce II Clutch,Heavy Duty Radiator,9mm Ford racing plug wires,Accel cap and Rotor, moroso battery relocation kit, strut tower brace, 4 inch harwood cool hood, autometer phantom gauges

http://www.geocities.com/i8ur
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 06:10 PM   #5
Chris_H
Registered Member

Anybody else want to put their $.02 worth in for me? Maybe if I get enough $.02 worth from everyone I could finally afford a new seat! I appreciate the replys so far. I do like some of those Corbeau seats.

Chris
Old 08-03-2001, 08:39 PM   #6
jerryIII

here's a bucks worth..... those seats you guys (or gals) showed were sweet........

------------------
Black,84 GT,ground effects,shorty headers, 'open' dual exh.,302 HO(no pollution control crap),T5,89 ported heads,edelbrock Performer manifold, Edelbrock 2122 cam,600 Holley, high volume oil pump...

Some day (3:73 gears & N2O)!!!

will this ever end????