View Single Post
Old 01-11-2002, 08:59 AM   #10
stock89
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DirtKing
any detector that does not show you where the cop is located is basically useless. that is what make the valentine as good as it gets...you know where the cop (or security alarm is). that being said, there is no defense for "instant on radar". When you are hit in this fashion you have NO warning and NO opportunity to check your speed and slow down if neccessary.
Dirtking,

I am glad someone understands! I absolutely, positively, guarantee that if the radar is not emitting any waves, no radar detector will pick it up. Think about it, if the radar unit isn't shooting out waves, how can the waves be picked up by a detector?? Unless it's hooked up to Dion's psychic hotline or something. LOL.

If a cop has the radar unit off or on hold (same thing), no radar detector will pick it up. The millisecond that the cop flips the radar on, you will get caught the very second your detector goes off. It's that simple.

Trust me, I have caught countless hords of people with radar detectors of all brands. Also- if a cop paces you at night, or during the day (no radar, just follows you), there is no escape and it's his/her word against yours- who'll win in court??

The best alternative is a radar detector type system that hooks on cop frequency bands and alerts you if a cop is within a few miles. Unfortunately that system is getting outdated due to all the digital and frequency hopping radio systems that are in use.

Best of luck to you all...

Last edited by stock89; 01-11-2002 at 09:07 AM..
stock89 is offline   Reply With Quote