View Single Post
Old 01-19-2002, 12:01 AM   #17
PatrickMx
Registered Member

Stock89 is right for the most part, except for this..

If you are in decent traffic, you WILL detect a cop shooting OTHER traffic. If you are a car alone on the road, then you are taking your chances...

I cruise 60-65 on most back roads. Locals blue light me now and then just to slow down. 4 lanes I wait until a few cars pass me up. Then I fall in. I watch for troopers. See any slowing down, or in the median acting like they want to give chase. I just maintain speed. The rest usually slow down. Face it, in that case you have already been clocked. I usually actually increase speed when I get past them, or notice tail lights. Then I hunt an exit quickly just out of sight. And pull some serious G's and a few quick turns. As long as he isn't RIGHT behind you, it's not really evasion. If you ever do this, and he is able to make 2 turns and keep you in sight, PULL over. Your car just isn't quick enough. Don't get stupid and endanger folks in traffic. If it is tight, suck it up.

If you get away... Take a 5 minute break. If you have another route, take it. Don't get right back on the 4 lane right away.

And be familiar with the way they work. Setting in medians with a chase car up ahead is a good tactic too. But if you meet him head on on a 4 lane. Keep this in mind. It takes about 30 seconds for him to decelerate from speed, find a good place to turn around, accelerate back to 80. My stang can do over 90 in 13 secs from a stop so most troopers will take 15-20 seconds just to hit 80. In a perfect world he will only take 45 seconds to reach 80-100. If you can maintain just 80, he will be at the very least 30 seconds behind you, and then he has to try to gain on you. At 60 you just covered 1/2 a mile on him in 30 seconds. At 100 he will need a helicopter and two cars in the area to even stand a chance.

I haven't had a detector in about 5 years. Nor a ticket in about 8. I've left about 20-25 cars. And never broke 100 mph. And in that process may have passed only 5 or 6 cars. I just get off and take a different path. 2 lanes are tricky. But can work the same way. It really pays to know your area though in that case. Even the 4 lanes you might need a good map if you are traveling.

I noticed that no one really responded to the uhh, troopers comments.. So I thought I would. I'm not a criminal, but if you are, drive the speed limit anyway. I think it's the panic that gets you caught. And dont drink and drive.
PatrickMx is offline   Reply With Quote