View Single Post
Old 01-19-2002, 09:15 PM   #18
stock89
Registered Member

Talking LMAO!!

PatrickMx-

Decent message. Situational awareness is key. Your techniques are popular and would probably work well on a weekend when cops have better things to do than chase people, unless they think you're a drug runner or something. However, I would hasten people trying that on a boring Wensday night, when it's quiet. Cops love a challenge of a chase, and never forget- radio is faster than any car on the road... You never know how close the other patrol's are!

I've gotten pulled over dozens of times in college and got out of all of them. It all depends on how you, as the offender, behave when you get pulled over.

As my last post on this thread, I leave you with this advice when you do get pulled over:

1) Always keep you hands visible, do not fumble around in the car. Stay still, keeping hands at 10 and 2 oclock on the steering wheel, palms up, until the guy gets up to you.
2) At night, turn your interior lights on.
3) When the cop gets to the car, do not argue or say anything. Listen instead.
4) When he/she asks for your information; talk. Say-" My license is in my wallet in my back pocket- I'm going to get that for you now" and reach around and get your wallet. NO FAST MOVES.
5) Treat officer with respect- if you want to smooze, be mild and say something like- "man I'm a bonehead, I know you have better things to do...."
6) Stay calm and relaxed. Definately no arguing or crying (women).

Take care, drive safe.