Thread: gt40 vs gt40p
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 09:50 AM   #12
Lashbrook27
Registered Member

Default Re: gt40 vs gt40p

This looks like a great conversation. When I bought my 90GT it seemed to be real slow. Even with the 3.73's installed it took of the line like a brick. All at the same time I installed a Cobra Intake, GT40P's, ford racing headers instead of the BBK that were on already, BBK high flow h-pipe, 40 series flowmasters dumped. This car will not hook at all on the street. Once the 3.73's get the rmps to about 3500(quickly) forget about the tires sticking, thats if I take it easy. This is also with the stock 60mm TB. I am looking to pick up a E303 cam that will keep me just under .500 which is perfectly sooted for these heads, to include a set of 1.6 rockers. Matched up with a good fuel system and I will have a nice street car running good 1/4 mile times.

Unit 5302 any ideas on how I should set up the fuel system? Has stock pump, 24lb injectors (i did not install). It did not have adj. regulator, which I did not remove (long story) but it isn't on there now.

1990 Mustang GT 25th Ann: original stock forged short block; gt40p heads; cobra intake; stock tb; 75mm c&l; bbk cold air fender mount; 24lb injectors; underdrive pulley on crank and water pump; msd cap and rotor; msd wires; stock coil; aode with shift kit and cooler; ford racing headers, bbk hi flow h pipe; 40 series flowmasters dumped; 3.73's, bbk lowing springs; 245/45 R17's all around (definitly need a better tire in the rear).

mods soon to come: electric fan for better cooling and to remove robbing crank driven, E303, 1.6 rockers, better tires in the rear
Lashbrook27 is offline   Reply With Quote