MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-15-2001, 07:41 PM   #1
93lx
Registered Member

Post rear control arms

hi all i am planning on getting the control arms that MAC sells very nice pieces and they match my car, but any way how is the install of these i want to do them myself i have the tools and a lift, just was wondering if anybody has done them and what might i expect.
93lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 03:26 PM   #2
84_GT350
Registered Member

MACs are good....so are Factory 5s. Control arm installation is pretty straight forward and I should hope they come with instructions, so I'll save my breath (or keystrokes, maybe?). Just remember not to tighten the bolts all the way down untill the suspension has some weight on it. Get the bolts in there, lower the car a bit, THEN tighten them all the way down. If you don't the suspension may bind.

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2001, 06:32 PM   #3
Nutty 5.0
Registered Member

A friend just bought them in November and we installed them outside. With having a lift, it'll be a breeze. Just like stated above, don't tighten bolts until weight of car is on them. Instructions come with them.
I personally have the Factory 5. Both have greseable fittings, but the Mac is boxed arms, while the 5's are tubular. Both equally strong, but I would choose the Mac because it includes new hardware. When you take out your stock hardware, you'll be glad they did. Also, 5's usually take a couple of weeks to receive. I would recommend buying 2 new "in the axle" bushings while your're at it. You'll be very happy with the increased handling and lower 60' times.

------------------
-Nutty 5.0
93 GT Red/Grey
S trim, Edelbrock 6037 heads, E cam, BBK longtubes w/cats, 3 chamber Flowmasters, BBK Alum. underdrive pullies, Cobra intake, Accel fuel regulator, FMS 70mm t.b., 73mm C&L meter, ram air, 1.7 roller rockers, Mac upper and lower strut tower braces, FMS lowering springs, Factory Five upper and lower control arms, Speedware Cobra R 17X9 wheels, 3.73 gears and ram air hood, Cobra wing, and grille insert.
Nutty 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: