MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-21-2001, 02:24 AM   #1
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Post rear seat delete

Well, I removed my rear seat today.. ANd now I need to know
where to find some carpet to match mine. And how I should
cover it up and stuff so it looks nice. Now its just loud as hell,
and you can see floor pan and wires back there. If anyone knows
anything or has any suggestions let me know.

Thanks,

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406- TFS Heads, E-303, edelbrock intake,70MM TB, 73mm MAF, off road H, 2 1/4" exhaust, and 4.10's.
332RWHP@5500
351RWTQ@3750
Runs on 87 Octane!
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 02:30 AM   #2
BowTie Eater 5 Liter
Registered Member

Location: Maple Ridge B.C. Canada, The Best Place In The World
Sky, did you check your gears???
I did & too my suprise I found a set of 3.08's

If you read this (everyone) Please go to "HELP ME & A FRIEND" MSG & Please Do As I Ask, Its Very Important

thanks

------------------
1988 Mustang GT, T-5
3.08's, No Smog Pump (Shorty Belt), Dumps At The End Of Stock H-Pipe, K&N Air Filter (Stock Air Box), Removed air silendcer), 198.9 rwhp @4200 (235 Motor!!), 285 lbs-ft @2900 (336 Motor!!!).
My Stang
My Site (Not Done Yet)
BowTie Eater 5 Liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 07:18 AM   #3
Jeff Chambers

I went the cheap route on my delete kit skyman. After pulling everything, I took some cardboard and made template of the side panels where the meet the tub. I transferred this to a piece of 1/8" particleboard and cut the piece so that it goes from the front edge of the rear seat hump up to the front edge of the hatch area. I got some grey carpet from Autozone that matches the stock carpet pretty well. I stretched and stapled the carpet to the particle board, rolling under the edges for a clean look and the continued back into the hatch and trimmed around the side panels and roll bar supports. Then I used a few self-tapping interior trim screws to secure the particle board into place (through the tub). It looks really good and saves me some serious weight. Sooner or later I'll have some photos up on my website.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
Trophy Stock #3
11.86 Seconds / 113.8 MPH
Chambers Racing Team
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 12:12 PM   #4
ed1371
Registered Member

Jeff had a good idea sky...something to add to it though. Buy some dynomat sound deadning material from a car audio store and put that on the partical board too.

I had to put my seat back in...was noise was way too irritating!
ed1371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 12:30 PM   #5
IMPULSERACING
Registered Member

Cool

To much weight! If you took your back seat out it was to save weight. Putting dynomat and partical board just adds weight. Simply lay carpet from the hatch down to the floor. Use adhesive spray to keep it in place. I did this carpeting the spare wheel well and everything down to the floor. Looks real good and saves all the weight.
Hope this helps!

------------------
92' LX Hatch 5 spd Edelbrock Performer Intake, pro-m 75mm MAF, 70mm T.B., 24lb injectors, 190lph, Mac fenderwall cold air induction, mallary ignition and coil, Cobra 1.7 rockers, 373:1 gear, upper and lower control arms, supersubs, 50/50's, front drag springs, no sway bar, battery in hatch, compucar N20 kit
IMPULSERACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 10:43 PM   #6
Bangin Gears

Dynamatting weighs a few OUNCES, and plus what are you guys worried about taking your seats out for?? This "extra" weight is right over the rear wheels and helps you hook up, by taking them out, your only making it that much easier for your rearend to bust loose and swing all over the place

------------------
'93 Gt, Stock as a rock, but plan an AOD to T-5 swap, steeda tri-ax shifter, 3.55's, cobra intake, gt-40 irons, e303 cam, 1.6 rr's, mac headers, off road h-pipe, flowmasters cat back, msd ignition, blaster coil, mac cold air box (fenderwell), eibach springs, silver cobra r's, and an obnoxiously large mustang in the back window =0)
Old 03-22-2001, 08:17 AM   #7
Jeff Chambers

Not quite Bangin'. It takes HP to move weight, therefore the lighter the car the quicker you can go, given the same HP. I'm allowed to run my car at 2900# in Trophy Stock. Now the lighter I get the car, the quicker I'm going to go and the better my stall converter's going to work. Now if I can get the car under 2900#, then of course I'd add ballast to the back of the car where it does the most good. In the mean time, its diet time though! They give me a 200# weight break for running the AOD, so I'm trying to take advantage of it best I can.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
Trophy Stock #3
11.86 Seconds / 113.8 MPH
Chambers Racing Team
Jeff Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote