MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-05-2002, 04:15 AM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Exclamation Rediculous!!!

Some of you may know that I picked up a 94 Cobra back in August, last year. Well, I got it, learned to drive stick in it, and was sharing it with my brother who didnt have a car. Then I started modding the GT, so the cobra is now all his. It's got pulleys, an h-pipe, flows, and Mac cold air. Anyway, this weekend we decided to bump the timing for some additional HP. We first check to see if the timing is still at the 10 from the factory. The DAMN TIMING WAS AT 4!!! We'd been driving the cobra around, racing people, with the timing at 4 degrees. We bumped it to 14, and the car is a totally different beast Can't believe we drove it around for 6months at 4 degrees timing. I think back to all the street races I had where I thought, that was kind of too close, maybe I just suck at driving....

So now the timing is back where it should be, and more, and the cobra is sweet again. I don't know why the previous owner had it at four?!?! Any possible reasons.

Also, btw, we then took the cobra out and my bro drove it against my GT. Timing didnt help THAT much...

Take it easy everyone.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 04:32 AM   #2
StreetStang37
Registered Member

mine passed smog with 15* but maybe they lowered it to pass smog...
Trick Flow Heads, Street Heat intake, 3/8in spacer, E303, TFS 1.7rr & 6.75 pushrods, Holley 190lph fuel pump, 24# injectors & sample tube, SVO timing chain, Aeromotive AFPR, 180* t-stat, 2 5/8 Auto Meter mech fuel pressure gauge, K&N, March Ram Air & Pullies, 73mm C&L MAF, Edelbrock 65mm TB & EGR, 1 5/8in Equal Length Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2in H-Pipe w/hi-flow cats & Flowmaster 2 1/2in Cat-Back Exhaust, FlowTech Cut-Outs, Nitto DR's, 3.73 gears, FMS Aluminum DriveShaft, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Pro-Shift Lite, 8.5mm MSD Super Cunductor Plug Wires, PowerSlot rotors, PowerMaster 140amp Alt., LX lights, Cobra R hood w/SVO scoop, Saleen spoiler, Cobra Bumper, 3in chrome tips.
StreetStang37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 05:06 AM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

How the hell did it get to 4???? Wow!
Old 02-05-2002, 05:08 AM   #4
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Default Re: Rediculous!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
so the cobra is now all his.

Damn, I wish my brother would give me a Cobra!
Old 02-05-2002, 11:50 AM   #5
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

I've talked to builders who have seen cars from the Ford factory set as low as 4 degrees.You know how it is after a long day on the assembly line...thinks are gonna get missed on occasion.

This reminds me of the day after I dropped my motor in. We got it running and everything broke in and seated propery, and we set the timing. Well, I pulled the SPOUT connector and stuck it in my pocket as not to loose it, and we set the timing to 10* for the initial break-in, and then we drove 10 miles to town to get gas. Car was acting a bit reluctant to do anything, but I figured it was just being new and tight. Well, we get back to the garage and low and behold, what did I find in my pocket but my little gray friend, the SPOUT connetor. We drove the thing with 10* TOTAL timing! Hehe. We'll say it ran a bit better after the connector was back in.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote