MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-09-2001, 02:57 PM   #1
SmokeyDP
Registered Member

Post Installing Electric Fan and Removing AC

I was wondering about removing my AC. My car is a convertible so I dont use AC in the summer and when I try to it doesn't work all that well anway. How much HP can I expect by removing the AC?

I was also looking into installing an electric fan, so i figured I would get some HP from this, but any idea how much?

Thanks!

------------------
1992 GT 5.0L Convertible
BBK Shorties
Flowmasters
All Power
Super Chip

SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 03:28 PM   #2
Green92LX
Registered Member

As far as removing the AC, the only benefit that I really got out of it in my 92 was cleaning up the engine compartment. As far as HP, I don't think its anything to look forward to

------------------
1992 5.0 LX, V-1 S-Trim @8LBS, Edelbrock 6037 Heads, Cobra Intake,E-303, 1.6 Roller Rockers,65MM Holley TB, 75 MM Pro M Mass Air, 190 LPH FP w/ 24 lb injectors,MSD 6A and BTM, BBK equal length shorties, offroad h-pipe,Mac Flowpath Mufflers, Pro 5.0, 3.73's,Motorsport "C" springs,welded subframe connectors, Ponies w/ 225/50 Nittos, Dark Green w/ 93 Cobra Spoiler

Daily driver: 89 Coupe with 207K plus, BBK shorties,offroad h-pipe,2-chamber flowmasters with dumps
Green92LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 03:51 PM   #3
dinomite
The Dude

I believe that the A/C is operated on a clutch, and therefore only engages when you turn it on. Don't expect any gain.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 07:10 PM   #4
Fostang
Registered Member

I really enjoyed taking all that crap off in my fastback. I got so into cleaning up the engine compartment I took off the power steering, belt fan, ac, mechanical fuel pump, and ac. From taking all of these things gas milage was increased, performance, and curb weight. Oh yeah no more burnt power steering hoses or not being able to reach right in. No more fan noise the electric one can barely be heard.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote