MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-12-2002, 05:16 PM   #1
5ohCOUPE
Registered Member

Default Repair kit for door pins??????

Just wondering if there was a repair kit for the bushings in the door pins. Mine just came apart the other day and I dont like the sagging door when I open in. Just wondering if I ws gonna have to make something myself or if there is a kit.
91 LX COUPE, 3.73 gears, 2 1/2 inch H-Pipe, 1 5/8 MAC long tube headers, 73 MM C&L MAF, 70 MM MAC TB, LUNATI cam,1.7 TFS Rockers, TFS Track Heat heads, TFS Track Heat intake, T5 with PRO 5.0 shifter, Griffin aluminum radiator, Fluid Damper, SSM traction bars, 190 GPH in tank fuel pump. And more to come.
5ohCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 05:31 PM   #2
PeTr0
Registered Member

There is a door pin and bushing kit available. I belive u can get one from Texas Mustang or Mustangs unlimited. I did the fix when my door was sagging and noisy. It was a pain in the ***..and it only fixed the problem for a couple of weeks. My door rubs slightly now again.
Red 1993 Gt- 3.55 gears,flowmasters,BBK Shortie Headers, BBK Hi-Flow H-Pipe, BBK cold air induction w/K&N, Pro 5.0 shifer,UPR Adjustable cable and quad, 130 amp alt., underdrives,65mm T-body,MegaBite Jr. Lowers and Heavy Duty HPM uppers, Koni Yellow struts & Shocks, FMS 'B' Springs, Aluminum Driveshaft, MSD 6AL and blaster tfi coil, sony cd player and changer, kicker component speakers, Kenwood Excelon amp, 2 12" subs in the hatch,Cobra R Rims and Nitto NT555 all around, timing bumped to 13 deg., ADS Superchip, and mobil 1 oil lubing the 302.
PeTr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 07:07 PM   #3
k. putman
Registered Member

5ohCOUPE, You can get replacement bushings and pins from Autozone, quicker than mail-order. Look in the "Help" section (area with all the small replacement parts in the red blister packs). I used a dab of JB Weld to fill in the gap where the bushing slips into the hinge. Not a tough fix. Good luck.

PeTr0, If your fix didn't last long, check the bushings, not the pins, again...
k. putman is offline   Reply With Quote