View Single Post
Old 11-01-2001, 09:17 AM   #1
JohnnyG
Registered Member

Angry Car is Limping- Please Help (Long)

OK, I have a 1991 GT- Bone stock motor. I got the McCarville ford tune-up kit, and while installing it, I broke a vaccuum line (runs from tree at passenger side to just below the alternator). When I started the car, I noticed a slightly rough idle, and the motor stutters when I hit the gas- definitely feels like a bad miss. Ultimately, the car has a very hard time accellerating.

I repaired the vaccuum line and check for leaks. I gapped all plugs to 0.045, triple checked to make sure the cap, rotor, and ignition wires were all hooked-up securely. I checked the timing- Base timing was set to 8 degrees, I bumped it to 12.

I double-checked with Ford to make sure I have the firing order correct. And I went over the entire engine compartment to make sure I re-connected EVERYTHING that I may have disconnected. All vaccuum lines are now in good shape.

But still, the car feels like it has a miss, it accellerates like a lawnmower, and when it is accellerating, it's stuttering the whole way. It sounds like an ignition problem to me, but I can't think of anything else to try! I'm open to suggestions on both what I should do, and reccommendations on what professional should look at it.

Thanks,

John

------------------
1991 GT Vert- Black/Black/Black
MAC 1 5/8" Headers, 2 1/2" H-pipe, 2 1/2" Flows, Tremec, Centerforce Dual Friction, BBK Adj. Quadrant, 3.73s, 3-core rad., K&N, PS-91, Tri-Ax, Blistein Struts/Shocks, H&R Springs, MM Chassis Brace Package, MM C/C Plates, Front-End Poly's, Rear Seat Delete
JohnnyG is offline   Reply With Quote