MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-28-2001, 07:20 PM   #1
pete1
Registered Member

Angry RIPPED OFF

I paid a guy named Roger Baker $300 that contacted me here for some GT-40 heads. He sent the heads to a Andy Penington (from Washington State he says). Mr. Baker also sent some stuff to Mr. Penington. He sent us both an email saying our items were shipped. The heads and other stuff went to him and I got some other stuff that was supposed to go to him. I contacted Mr. Penington and he now refuses to send the heads to me unless I send him $250. If anyone can help me get an address/phone number on Mr. Penington or Mr. Baker I would appreciate it. They both evidentally frequent Stangnet. Mr. Penington's email address is andy_penington@hotmail.com and Mr. Baker's email address is rogerbak@hotmail.com.

------------------
Stock Heads, 24 LB Injectors, E303 Camshaft,*
Edelbrock Performer Efi Intake, H-pipe, 2 Chamber Flowmasters,75 Bullet Mass Air Meter, 65TB, Mac Cold Air Induction, Mac Chrome Headers, AOD TCI Street Fighter Transmission, Tci 3000 stall converter, Lentech Valve Body, 4.10 gears, Timing Set At 14, TPS Set at .98, 190 Walbro Fuel Pump, Fuel Pressure set at 41, Msd 6AL,*Dual Biondo Line Locks, 15x3.5 Weld Wheel On Front, 15x10 Welds On Rear with 26x9.5x15 Hoosier Quick time Pro Tires.

<A HREF

[This message has been edited by pete1 (edited 07-28-2001).]
pete1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2001, 07:36 PM   #2
BowTie Eater 5 Liter
Registered Member

Location: Maple Ridge B.C. Canada, The Best Place In The World
shitty man........

id rage
BowTie Eater 5 Liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2001, 07:53 PM   #3
84LX89GT
Mustangs

The problem is that those probably aren't their real names. Did you send him a check? How did you pay for these? If so, then it may be his real name. The problem is that whenever you get someone with a hotmail or excite mailbox you can't really trace them through that address, now if it were something like an MSN account you probably could. If you did i think you can get the FBI involved or something (i don't know i've never been ripped off before). Don't tell him you're going to get the authorities involved so that way he wouldn't have time to cover anything up. Good luck, i hope you find this scum piece of sh/t.

------------------
previous name: 84stangLX
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
my LX
'89 Mustang GT
my GT

84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2001, 10:10 PM   #4
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

hey bowtie wut do u mean id rage? are u refering to me?

------------------
Black 1990 gt cobra bonestock
not for long
RAGE_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2001, 10:51 PM   #5
BowTie Eater 5 Liter
Registered Member

Location: Maple Ridge B.C. Canada, The Best Place In The World
ya, u can RAGE_5.0 Too, But I Was Referring To Pete
BowTie Eater 5 Liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2001, 10:24 AM   #6
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

wtf?????????

------------------
not for long
Old 07-29-2001, 11:11 AM   #7
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I think what Bowtie meant was I'd Rage. Not I.D. Rage. Kinda like "I'd be pissed" I guess is the way I take it =P

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2001, 01:33 PM   #8
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

OK i was gonna say....i was startin to get pissed.........but i'm cool now...i was sorta confused y people were thinki9n i ripped someone off

JAMES

------------------
not for long
Old 07-31-2001, 06:47 PM   #9
drewcifer
Registered Member

I was ripped off by the SAME GUY this month (Roger Baker email rogerbak@hotmail.com). He answered my wanted ad on corral.net for a turbo kit for my Mustang. We emailed and spoke on the phone and he seemed trustworthy. He told me his address was in Panama (Central America).I still have his cell # 011-507-692-3024, but it seems someone else now has the phone. I sent him $500 down payment via Western Union to Panama City Panama (you need an ID to get the money). After that he emailed me and told me his wife got a job in KY at a firm called Deloitte & Touche and he has moving to the states and would send it from there becuase it was cheaper. The last I heard from him, about a month ago, his "son" emailed me and said his dad had broken his leg and that he had sent the package out. After that no package, no email responses, and the person who answered his cell # said they had just rented the phone. I called the firm in KY and they have no new employees there - they had no idea what I was talking about. I am ready to kill this ******* ******* and I bet you are too. Maybe we can track him down using his cell # if the company has records - maybe he still has a bill with them, I'm trying to find out. From what I can figure either he has a good fake ID or his real name is Roger Baker, but all I have to track him with is his cell #. any info you have on him please contact me drewcifer@charter.net or call at 715-342-0557. Please get back to me ASAP - thanks.
drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 08:41 PM   #10
Stang Runner
Registered Member

Man I am getting ticked OFF with the guy and he as never done any thing to me I Hope you get the Guy!!!!
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 10:19 PM   #11
ultrastang
Registered Member

Sorry you guys are having so much trouble getting your parts. I know how it feels being ripped-off. Only, I didn't get ripped-off over some parts, I got a whole car ripped-off from me!--an '89 Mustang GT, in December '97, in Little Rock, Arkansas.
At the time it happened, I wanted to kill those MF's, but looking back now, if I could find them, I would thank them. After the insurance settlement, I ended up with a better, much nicer '90 Mustang GT! I hope lady luck will smile on you as well, and that you either get your parts, or get your money back, or even better, get that ****** a stay at the "Iron-Bars Motel".
ultrastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 11:55 PM   #12
84_GT350
Registered Member

Hope this helps man. If you sent him a check via the postal service you can contact authorities because if you use the USPS to send or recieve anything (or if anything at all involoved in the crime) and then commit a crime it becomes a FEDERAL CRIME. As in a felony. I believe the post office website has information on who to contact and how to do it. If not, call your local post office. Fortunately enough for you (especially since there are two of you now), they have people who's job is to track down scumfuks like this. I suggest you two guys work together and I think you'll have a better chance of tracking him down. If you didn't send anything via USPS, you can still find people but you'll have to contact authorities first. Be sure to tell them there's another person who's been ripped off and they'll probably be more inclined to investigate.

Drewcifer- Have you tried contacting the Western Union folks who sent or recieved your money? If they have a record of your transaction they might be able to help you out. It's a start at least.

And just so you guys know...cell phone companies aren't exactly inclined to give you any personal information about their customers to regular folks like us. You'll probably have to get someone in law enforcement involved.

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 12:07 AM   #13
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Try the post office, they handle phone and mail scams I believe

and as far as Panama, dude come on, how many hot mustangs have you seen come out of central america? especially after a major reduction in military forces down there. I would think if you were looking for speed parts abroad, maybe Australia (sp?) would be the place to check out?
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 03:02 AM   #14
stangbang
Registered Member

Red face

If you sent a check via the U.S. mail you should contact the Postal Inspectors in your city or the nearest major city. It is a federal offense if the mail is involved.
It sounds like these guys have a real scam going here and I hope they get caught real soon.
stangbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2001, 12:24 PM   #15
Sparkplug

Cool

Good luck with the Postal Inspectors, They could careless i was ripped off about a year ago i filed a complaint with the Postal Inspectors and that was it. If this person hasnt ripped off several thousands of dollars and hasnt shown a consistent pattern. Then i think you have just been straight ripped! Buy locally or from a reputable company. I dont even trust Ebay anymore.

------------------
91LX 331 S-Trim & 89GT NOS Stage II
Old 08-01-2001, 12:35 PM   #16
jerryIII

I went through this on E-bay last year....

the beauty of the internet is, crimes, such as this, are federal(fraud) and because you mailed him a check it also becomes mail fraud, another federal offense, the postal inspectors are required to investigate each and every case submitted to them, as are the FBI, I suggest sending both men a very precise e-mail outlining the steps you will take, if this matter is not remedied ..

I included the statutes outlining each offence (which can easily be found on the internet),,,, and you can also contact the local P.D. in their area..

after i sent my e-mail to the **** head I was dealing with, the situation was resolved in record time.. good luck..

how did you come in contact with these people???

------------------
Black,84 GT,ground effects,shorty headers, 'open' dual exh.,302 HO(no pollution control crap),T5,89 ported heads,edelbrock Performer manifold, Edelbrock 2122 cam,600 Holley, high volume oil pump...

gears (4:10's) coming soon. N2O, soon to follow!!!
Old 08-01-2001, 03:29 PM   #17
Sparkplug

Cool

Consider yourself lucky and exceptional.

------------------
91LX 331 S-Trim & 89GT NOS Stage II
Old 08-03-2001, 01:48 PM   #18
drewcifer
Registered Member

We both received a number of emails about this guy scamming people. New information we've gotten is that this guy's real name might be Steve McCall from Washington. He apparently works with someone in Panama to run his ripoffs and uses Andy Penington as an alias as well. Anybody who knows anything about this man please email me.
drewcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 02:06 PM   #19
Super_Stang
Registered Member

Well i know it may not seem like you guys are very far into this but have to tried some of those private investigator websites??

[This message has been edited by Super_Stang (edited 08-03-2001).]
Super_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2001, 02:47 PM   #20
crewzin
Registered Member

Angry

Western Union may have this guy on tape. If they record on security tapes you might be able work together and give a pic to the feds. All you need is a time and date.
crewzin is offline   Reply With Quote