View Single Post
Old 05-21-2002, 01:11 AM   #1
StreetStang37
Registered Member

Default Rising Fuel Pressure with Rising RPM?

okay, I have a problem. Im pretty sure its right under my nose and am probably saying the answer but Im just checking with you guys to see if my thinking is correct. I just did the heads intake and cam on my car and in the 3000+ rpm there felt to be a hesitation. I found one of my spark plugs were cracked (porcelain) so I changed my wires and that plug. Now my engine bogs and hesitates at every rpm. I have my fuel pressure set at 40psi w/ the vaccuum off, so at idle it sits at about 32psi. The fuel pressure gauge is mounted under the hood, so I cant tell if it drops when it bogs, but at a stop when I rev it slowly climbing from 900-4500ish rpm the pressure drops to 30psi, but If I take a quick stab at it, it will jump to 40psi. The pressure should be going up as I rev, no matter how slowly I take it up right? How can I tell if it's the fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator? This pump and regulator are less than a week old but Im pretty sure its one of em. What if I disconnect the vaccuum and rev it and the pressure drops? will that tell me there? or have I already found it?
Sorry for the long post, Im sure you guys will come out with the right answer(s). THX.
Trick Flow Heads, Street Heat intake, 3/8in spacer, E303, TFS 1.7rr & 6.75 pushrods, Holley 190lph fuel pump, 24# injectors & sample tube, SVO timing chain, Aeromotive AFPR, 180* t-stat, 2 5/8 Auto Meter mech fuel pressure gauge, K&N, March Ram Air & Pullies, 73mm C&L MAF, Edelbrock 65mm TB & EGR, 1 5/8in Equal Length Super Competition Hooker Headers, 2 1/2in H-Pipe w/hi-flow cats & Flowmaster 2 1/2in Cat-Back Exhaust, FlowTech Cut-Outs, Nitto DR's, 3.73 gears, FMS Aluminum DriveShaft, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Pro-Shift Lite, 8.5mm MSD Super Cunductor Plug Wires, PowerSlot rotors, PowerMaster 140amp Alt., LX lights, Cobra R hood w/SVO scoop, Saleen spoiler, Cobra Bumper, 3in chrome tips.
StreetStang37 is offline   Reply With Quote