MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-09-2002, 10:38 AM   #1
Prochrgd1
Registered Member

Default Rocker arm re-adjustment

I'm installing a new forged shortblock into the Cobra & want to double check the rocker arm adjustment before I button the top end up. After I torqued the rockers down the first time, can I just back the top bolt out (pedestal mount) & go thru the required steps to double check? Will the lifters pump back up like before I made the orignal adjustment, so I get the right torque specs? Thanks in advance, Jake
Mods that pertian to adjustment:

94 Procharged Cobra
Stock heads (gt-40 irons)
1.7's
e-cam
stock pushrods
new oem lifters
Prochrgd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 03:32 PM   #2
Doctor DeBo
Registered Member

To adjust the lash make sure that the came lobe is at its lowest point for each valve/rocker.spin the push rod while tightening the the rocker arm,when you feel the slightest bit of resistance on the push rod stop.Now it should take no more than 1.5 turns to hit your desired torque,if it goes past that you need to shim the pedestal as you dont want the lifter to bottom out.After you have all the rockers set up with the proper lash rotate the motor thru,you should be able to go back and spin all the push rods of the rockers that are at their lowest points (valve closed)on the cam.The lifters wont pump up completely until you get descent oil pressure on the motor.
92LX 5.0 Hatch,4.10 gears Auburn Pro,Mosser axels,alum drive shaft AOD hi ratio gear set,3200 stall TCI conv,Bassani long tube headers/cats,2 chamber flow masters,2.5inch exhaust,331 stroker,alum GT40 heads ported,Omega 1.7 roller rockers,JE forged pistons,Eagle rods,E cam,GT40 upper/lower intake,70mm mass,73mm Pro M bullet,MSD ignition,Cartech fuel sys w/external Aeromotive fuel pump,30lb injectors,Vortech S trim,Tubular front end,D&D coil overs up front
Doctor DeBo is offline   Reply With Quote