MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-16-2001, 03:49 PM   #1
swtstang
Registered Member

Post ***Please HELP***

I finally got my rebuilt motor in and I have very weak oil pressure. I have no idea what the problem is. I was using the Autometer electric guage and and it was showing very, very low, so I went and got a mechanical one and I can the oil very slowing going up the line but not even enough to give any pressure reading. I took off the hose and oil comes shooting out. I don't get it. THere is no oil running through the heads either. I just put a brand new high volume oil pump and a windage trae in. As far as the oil system everything else is the same. I also put in new clevette 77 bearings. What do I do? Thanks!!!!!!!!!

swtstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 05:08 PM   #2
egiap's 5.0
Registered Member

Did you get the holes in the cam bearings lined up right. This would cause a low oil pressure problem.

------------------
Edward VanCura, Amsoil dealer. For information about amsoil synthetic oil and lubes leave me a message. Ask about preffered customer program and buy at dealer cost.
egiap's 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 05:20 PM   #3
SaleenGTS
RICE taste like Chicken

If you haven't changed out the sending unit, make sure to do that.....it is an easy and cheap fix.

------------------
Dustin
89 Saleen GT Sport,347, TFS Street Heat Intake(port matched),TFS TW Heads(Stage 2),TFS #2 cam,BD-11A 9 psi,Crane 1.6 rr's,BBK 70mm TB,Pro-M 80mm MAF,MSD 6BTM, FMS 9mm wires,BBK longtubes,BBK Short H-pipe,American Thunder cat back,3.55's

12.3@119 street tires OLD MOTOR

11.496@121.08slicks OLD MOTOR
SaleenGTS is offline   Reply With Quote