View Single Post
Old 11-04-2004, 11:36 AM   #7
GhettoPop
Gimme a Drink!

Default Re: RPM pausing @1000rpm's when down shifting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried One
Thank you for posting,
I will try cleaning out the cylindrical sensor on the side of the throttle body and see if it helps. GettoPop you mentioned the IAC ... am not fimiliar ? What does it stand for?I have a 92 lx and I believe the TB is coated with a special coating and it needs to be cleaned a special way.Are any of you familiar with this?
IAC = IAB = the thing cylinder attached to the throttle body

as far as the protective coating, i always use GUMOUT TB cleaner, works great on TB and IAC. some people say not to harm the protective coating since spray cleaners may/will remove these coatings. u know what, if the TB is gummed up the coating is obviously not working! use a rag soaked in cleaner and clean the crap out of it, then run the car and spray some more in there to get the hard to reach areas, especially where the where the moving parts are.

i would also clean the MAF with some electrical contact cleaner, some use TB cleaner as well, but i have only used elec contact cleaner.all in all, I am fairly sure your TPS is your problem.

http://www.corral.net/tech/maintenance/idlereset.html
1990 GT,stock T-5,K&N w/o air silencer,March underdrives,FMS wires,timing@14*,PA Perf 130amp alt,Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter,Steeda adj quadrant/clutch cable/firewall adj,Centerforce II clutch,o/r x-pipe,Magnaflow SS catback,g-load brace, subframes,Bilstein struts/shocks,Autometer gauges, 136k and running strong!
GhettoPop is offline   Reply With Quote