MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-10-2001, 11:09 AM   #1
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

Post S.S. Brakes rear disk conversion??

anyone got this..what comes with the kit..how were the end results??

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 07:47 PM   #2
LOCASH
Registered Member

It was a pain to bend the brake lines. With the 87 and up kit you also have to change the mastercylinder which is why is costs more. I don't know why you have to change it though. The kit came with everything I needed and the instructions were written so that even a bone head like myself could not screw it up. I upgraded a couple of other things while I was doing it but the results were really impressive. I don't have to really get on it to stop. I drove the car in the mountains for about 3 hours and it was great. The kit comes with 10" rotors and the parts are actually of an 87-88 T-Bird turbo coupe. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

------------------
86 GT T-tops, AOD, B&M shift kit and hammer shifter, ROH wheels, K&N, Timing,MAC headers, 2.5 off road H, 2.5 American Thunder, 87 spindles, rear disc,SS lines, BBK 1.5, poly bushings, Crutchfield front kick panel speakers.
"DRIVE LIKE YOU STOLE IT!"
LOCASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 02:35 AM   #3
BLOCKER
Registered Member

Hey LOCASH

mabey you could help me, I have run into a problem in doing this conversion, I have all of the parts off an 88 t.coupe but once every thing is installed the disks rub agains the splash shelds and the calipers and disks don't line up as they should, any suggestions,

do I need new rear axles or spacers and wheel studs??

thankx for any help

------------------
88 Stang GT Cobra
Every option but leather
10 speaker 440 watt system
Blue/Grey with grey interior
K&N air filter, black outs, & no air

BLOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 07:55 PM   #4
Skankin
Registered Member

Blocker,

The t-bird axles are .75" longer. SSB provides a bracket to use the brakes with your axles. You might be able to just use some spacers?
Skankin is offline   Reply With Quote