MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-01-2006, 12:59 PM   #1
Speedwolfe88vert
Registered Member

Default SD car with a Mass Air Chip!?

I've owned my car for the past 10 years..only after the past 5 years have I add on bolt ons.. Cervini Ram air hood w/ ram air option...Exhaust and such..not modded on the motor.

Well any I have every paper from whatever was done to the car from tuneups to replacement parts..tires..but as I was going though the paper work the other day I noticed a hyberchip warranty..so I looked around online to see the chip number as someone wrote it on the card..(dunno how I missed this the first time its bright yellow)

Anyway I opened up to take a peek at the computer cause I was curious to see if the chip was in place...sure enough it was...But Ive never had any problems with the car on drivabilty issues..but I have noticed in the past with the top down It seem to smell a little rich.It Idles just fine no surges or bucking..but the previous owner according to the paper work had an Idle problem with TPS an was replaced.

What should I do...take it out...leave it in..is it robbing HP as I wouldnt notice..also..if the car was tuned for Idle problems an drivabilty problems by the dealer..if I take the chip out will it mess up my timing and Idle?Is the Ram air system keeping the fuel/air mixture in check?

The chip is made for a 88 1/2-89 mustang with Mass Air.

I got the car with 37k on the ticker Ive put 40k on it in 10 years.
Speedwolfe88vert is offline   Reply With Quote