View Single Post
Old 06-19-2002, 06:23 PM   #13
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Quote:
its total discrimination. i say let those multi million/billion airline industries that have been bending us over and sticking their high price plane fairs up our asz to redesign the old planes or design new ones for the obese or other impaired people in mind.
Srv,
The last thing I would want to do is discriminate against someone, but you also have to see it from the company's point of view. If I were a stockholder and someone told me that I should support seats that would make 100% of the people who could possibly fly comfortable, put them all throughout coach, and not raise the ticket prices to astronomical levels, I would tell you to go blow it out your ear.

If I can make 90% of the people who fly "somewhat" comfortable in coach, and make the other 10% buy first class or other "special" accomodations, considering I might lose a certain percentage of customers, I might still make a decent profit and still have a high customer approval level. It's all about money man, and as long as we live in a free market economy, its not going to change.

I agree that coach seats are too small, but catering to what I feel is a small percentage of people (extremely obese) by making all seats much bigger is the wrong solution. Either make a small amount of "deluxe" seats in coach or, as is being looked at now, have them purchase 2 seats.

There's going to have to be a middle ground, and I'm sure they'll find it....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote