MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-07-2001, 01:34 PM   #1
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Post selling truck and buying T-5 conversion, which one and where?

i've finally had it with my slow *** AOD, so i'm seeling my beat up ranger to my cousin for $1500, this will give me the cash to either get one of the conversion kits or to piece one together, which would be the better way to go? could i do it cheaper if i pieced one together? also, i've seen a couple different kits, which one is the best? thanks everyone

------------------
88 Notch, 3.73's, Ported E7's, Explorer int. w/ ported lower, pulleys, 1.7RR's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframe connectors, 65mm TB, shift kit, March ram air ,MSD coil, U/L control arms, 155lph fuel pump, cheap 2800 stall, Crane Adj.FPR, best 1/4--> 13.77@101.35
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2001, 09:16 PM   #2
fiveohpatrol

anyone?
Old 07-09-2001, 06:03 PM   #3
93LxVert
Registered Member

I believe someone just posted a T5 Conversion kit on stangnet. I'm in the process of doing one now myself. For anyone that is interested here's a great article on the Swap http://members.aol.com/black306/AODT5.html I take no credit for the article just happen to run across it on the web.
93LxVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 07:42 PM   #4
fiveohpatrol

i've decided to piece one together and buy a tremec, probably all be close to the price of one of those kits, now i need to know which tremec to get, 3550 or TKO? and will it come with a shifter and/or bellhousing? also what parts can i get out of a 4cyl car? what about the clutch cable/index plate/cluth fork/crossmember? thanks again
Old 07-09-2001, 09:01 PM   #5
faststang90
Registered Member

the tremec/ tko both come with bell housing and shifter.u will need too cut your trans cross member too get them both to fit butit does not come with mount. but the tko takes a chevys clutch and the tremec takes a stock type clutch. either trans will take most of your money and u still have too get a a flywheel,wiring harness also u will have to change the yoke on the tko it comes with it but not sure on the tremec and u will need the 5 speeds pedals
faststang90 is offline   Reply With Quote