MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-12-2004, 01:00 PM   #1
stanger9219
Registered Member

Default short belt

does anyone know where i can get a short belt to delete my ac and smog pump? Gateway Raceway opens next week and itll be the first time i take her to the track.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:11 PM   #2
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Unless you are removing them, there is really no justifiable reason to bypass them. If you still have cats, you need to keep your smog pump moving, or you will clog your cats in a hurry. When the ac is not on, the pully turns just like any other free turning pully, with little to no resistance. You will only see benifits if you are removing them along with other things for weight reduction purposes. But, ifyou must, you can take a string and run it around your pullies that you plan to use, in the same route you would run your belt, and get a measurement from that. Just take that measurement to your local parts store, and get one at that length wit the same width and ribs on it as your stock belt.
Rice Haters Club Member #128
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 09:46 PM   #3
stang_racer20
Registered Member

I just took the stock cracked belt on mine, cut it and wrapped it around all the pulleys. Then I marked where it overlaped, cut off the exccess and meaured it. Then like bigred said, go to like NAPA or somewhere and just tell them you need a 6 rib serp. belt that measures say 72.5 inches. They may not have the exact length, but they should be able to find one real close.
92 Mustang GT, 347 Stroker(Forged Steel Crank/Rods-Balanced, Forged Aluminum Dished Pistons), Trick Flow Track Heat Intake, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads w/ Stage 3 port/polish, 80mm C&L MAF, FMS 30# Inj., BBK AFPR, Trick Flow Stage 2 Cam, Trick Flow 1.6R Rockers, BBK E.L. Headers, Flowmaster Cat-Back, MAC CAI, FMS Pulleys, Griffin Alum. Radiator, MSD Pro-Billet Distributor; AOD, Dynamic 3300 Lockup Converter, B & M Super Cooler, B&M Ratchet Shifter; 3:73 gears.
stang_racer20 is offline   Reply With Quote