MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-01-2001, 08:19 PM   #1
LOCASH
Registered Member

Question SHOULD I JUST GET ANOTHER CAR?(long)

I would really like some suggestions on this.
Here's the deal-the car in the sig is the one I am currently driving. This is the work that has to be done to get it looking decent-both floor pans, rear wheel well rust, doors, and paint. The interior is not so hot either. I have a rear coming from Ford with 3.73's and the subframes are not installed yet and I have about 132,000 on it. There is a guy here selling an 88 or 89 LX for about $800. It is blue, 5 speed and the body is in really good shape. Would it be a better idea to just buy it and change everything over? I am already into the 86 for everything in the sig. I figure about a week of leave to change everything over. What do you guys think? What would you do? Please help.

------------------
86 GT T-tops, AOD, B&M shift kit and hammer shifter, ROH wheels, K&N, Timing,MAC headers, 2.5 off road H, 2.5 American Thunder, 87 spindles, rear disc,SS lines, BBK 1.5, poly bushings, Steeda G-trac and subs, Strut bar.
"DRIVE LIKE YOU STOLE IT!"

[This message has been edited by LOCASH (edited 02-01-2001).]
LOCASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 09:33 PM   #2
93CobraR
Registered Member

It would work but I would just buy a 87-93 5.0. You will have to swap the wiring harness and everything over. Plus the 86 motors are not to hot anyway. The 87 and up made alot more hp and torque.

------------------
87 GT, 4 inch cowl hood,17x9 Cobra R's/255/45's,GT-40 heads,long tubes headers,h-pipe,Flows,BBK cold air, Mass air,70mm MAF, 1.7's, 1" spacer,underdrive pulleys,Pro 5.0, King Cobra, Adj. fuel Reg., Lakewood Lift Bars,50/50's,subframes, 4.10's.
Best time 13.012
Best MPH 104
Best 60' 1.816

Visit my site at:
http://www.geocities.com/cobrar93_2000/MyPage.html

93CobraR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 06:56 AM   #3
LOCASH
Registered Member

I don't have a choice. I am in Italy and Mustangs are really hard to come by. As far as cost and the "pain in the as$ factor" what would you guys do? I have an article called 4 to 8 from one of the Mustang pubs and it really doesn't look that hard. Of course I would be Mustangless for a while.
CRAP!!! I FORGOT TO WRITE THAT THE LX IS A 2.3! THAT IS WHY EVERYTHING MUST BE SWAPPED OVER.
------------------
86 GT T-tops, AOD, B&M shift kit and hammer shifter, ROH wheels, K&N, Timing,MAC headers, 2.5 off road H, 2.5 American Thunder, 87 spindles, rear disc,SS lines, BBK 1.5, poly bushings, Steeda G-trac and subs, Strut bar.
"DRIVE LIKE YOU STOLE IT!"

[This message has been edited by LOCASH (edited 02-02-2001).]
LOCASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2001, 11:27 AM   #4
Green92LX
Registered Member

I'd work with what you got. It seems that you are definitely attached to the 86. I'd keep the 86 and gradually put it together the right way, but for heavens sake lose that boat anchor of a motor!!!!

------------------
1992 5.0 LX, Edelbrock 6037 Heads, Cobra Intake,E-303, 1.6 Roller Rockers,65MM Holley TB, 75 MM Pro M Mass Air, 190 LPH FP w/ 24 lb injectors,BBK equal length shorties,offroad h-pipe,Mac Flowpath Mufflers, Pro 5.0, 3.73's,Motorsport "C" springs,welded subframe connectors, Ponies w/ 225/50 Nittos, 93 Cobra Spoiler

Daily driver: 89 Coupe with 205K plus, BBK shorties,offroad h-pipe,2-chamber flowmasters with dumps, cut and welded stock shifter...and it runs like a champ.
Green92LX is offline   Reply With Quote