MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2001, 11:19 PM   #1
69PonyRider
Registered Member

Post new carb..but how much cfm??

Hey guys,

Well i got this new car and i never thought of asking the guy how much cfm the carb was, but now im kind of curious. So is there any way of checking what cfm the carb is, like checking serials, a product #, or just by how they look. The carb is a Holley 4-barrel for a 351 cleveland, also, the carb is mounted on a Edelbrock intake and somebody that saw it told me that it would get better performance if it had the same brand carb as the intake. Is this true or is it all just to sell more Edelbrock carbs. If this is true do i get less performance having a Holley carb and Edelbrock intake..or it doesnt matter?

------------------
351 Cleveland engine, 4-barrel Holley carb, Edelbrock alum intake, MSD ign, 2 chmbr flowmaster, C-6 tranny, on a 69 coupe ...........UNDER CONSTRUCTION
69PonyRider is offline   Reply With Quote