View Single Post
Old 04-02-2001, 01:13 PM   #12
Coupe Devil

I did the aod to t-5 swap last year. I was swinging a motor and the trannyat the same time though. You can reuse the tranny mount and crossmember they are exact. I had to trim the floorboard about a half inch in the back though. Myself and a freind put the clutch pedal and bracket in, in a sat. morning. I suggest going to a salvage yard and finding a wrecked straight shift mustang. It doesnt matter as far as 4cyl, 6cyl, or V-8 the bracket and pedal assembly will be the same. I give $20 dollars for it all at a local yard. The brake pedal should come with it as well beause it is bent to the righr slightly to accomadate for the clutch pedal. Like Mach 1 said you have to move the speedo cable and use it for the clutch cable. I highly suggest going with an aftermarket adjustable quadrant. With a little common sense and car knowledge you can do the swap yourself, But if your unsure leave it to a pro. The biggest problem I had was getting the factory shifter for the auto out. THAT SUCKED. You do have to drop the steering column but with a friend it isnt to bad.

Good luck and psssstt, The 5spd. makes the car alot more fun to drive.

Pony power forever
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote