View Single Post
Old 04-18-2001, 08:00 AM   #2
Mach 1
Registered Member

Haynes sells a manuael for this at the auto parts store. its in with all the chiltons type books. I was considering doing the same thing myself. I bought a GER AOD with one piece input shaft, non-lockup, balanced, high performance clutches, etc...for around $1100.00 I was planning on re-building my original AOD, but never got around to it.

Anyway, I glanced over the haynes tranny overhaul manuael, and it looks fairly simple. You can get by with basic tools, (might have to modify a screwdriver or something). I would give it a shot. Someone else on this board did it themselves with no mechanical experience, and they had success also. The last time I had an auto ripped apart (not counting shift-kit install)was in high school shop (16 years ago)and I think it was a c-4 or a gm 350, but it was easy to rebuild. just a butch of clutch plates and crap. it looks intimidating, but with the book, i think you will be fine.

Even if you pull the tranny yourself and carry it into the shop to be overhauled will save you some big bucks.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote