Thread: 351W Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2001, 08:06 AM   #5
A Wild Neg
Registered Member

Well, sounds like I have some work to do. I'm taking the block in Tomorrow (Thursday) to get it acid dipped, check for cracks, and bored 30ths over. I'm checking out summit's magazine to see what I should put in, but if you all really think a stroker kit is the way to go, then maybe I should go that route. I guess my next question is, where can I price and buy all the things you mentioned? I checked the summit racing magazine and I really didn't see anything. But as far as it looks, here is going to be my setup:

408 Stroker Kit
Ported Trick Flow Heads (350cfm or higher)
Solid Roller Cam / Roller Rocker Set
Ported Victor Intake
Forged Heads (Any Special Ones?)
Stronger Connecting Rods (Any Special Ones?)
Remote Oil Filter / Cooler
Fuel Cell
75/100/150 Adjustable Nitrious System

This is going to be going on all summer, and hopefully by next summer it will be dropped in. If all goes well, perhaps this summer. I'll have to take some pictures and keep you all posted. If I forgot anything listed above, please let me know or if you have any other ideas. This is going to be a dream car <grin>.

What might even happen, is I keep my 83 with the beefed up 302, and buy another body (Notchback?) and throw the 351 in there. I just want semi streetable (Pass emisions?) and able to take it out and about, but mainly to drag and street race.

Thanks guys for all the help! I'll keep you posted!

- Kevin (A Wild Neg)
- AIM: A Wild Neg
A Wild Neg is offline   Reply With Quote