Thread: stock heads
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2002, 11:38 AM   #4
HORSEMEN RACING
Registered Member

Thumbs up Matter of Opinion

When you get into the subject of heads you get a number of different opinions on this matter.

Some people can make a car with stock heads run like stink,some people with stock heads their car stinks,it all depends on who you have do the engine work.

I have seen cars with stock heads and a good port job run high 11's through the mufflers,and I have seen some that still run 15's.

If you are on a budget(who isn't?) then buy the heads,have them cleaned ported,bigger valves(1.90/1.60) get a good cam,good intake,and exhaust,as you can see this just went from just heads to a combination,that is what it is going to take to get your car runing the way you want.

One thing I have been told by many engine builders is you can have a great set of heads with a stock cam and run good,but you can't have a great cam and stock um-modified heads and expect to run good it is not going to happen.

Bottom line is budget,combo,and what your goals are you want to achieve.What are your goals? High 12's low 12's 13's just a stout street car? what?

Good luck with your combo,and hope it works out for you.

"there are 5,000 Army troops sitting on their butts doing nothing,while 2 companies of Marines are securing this island" spoken by a Army General on the Isle of Grenada in 1983
HORSEMEN RACING is offline   Reply With Quote