View Single Post
Old 05-16-2001, 03:50 PM   #30
fastang
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TJR:
I've thought about the AFRs, but I don't know if there worth $1400. There seems to be some good times coming from the corral with those heads, but most of those guys have custom cams and lightly ported (gasket matched maybe) intakes.

What do you guys think of the Brodix ST 5.0 heads? Awile back 5.0 got 20 - 25 rwhp out of an otherwise stock mustang. With intake and exhaust (along with the little stuff), I don't think 40 rwhp would be out of the question. Plus you wouldn't have to buy new rockers or pushrods.

On another note...With aftermarket heads, which valve would be closer to coming in contact with the stock piston with an aftermarket cam? For example, with a 1.90 - 2.02 intake and 1.60 exhaust valve which one would be more likely to hit as far as p/v clearance goes with a single pattern cam?

Btw, thanks for all the replies.

I dont think you have to change the pushrods or rocker arms with the AFR's. I intend to get a set. Your headers will fit on them and you can use your pedestal mt rockers or go to a shaft system. They just seem easier all around. All the accessory holes are drilled for you and they already come CNC ported. Just pay and play...no bullshit.
Sky, how did you get your TFS heads so damn cheap?

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, BBK Longtubes, Flowmaster cat back, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote