View Single Post
Old 10-05-2002, 02:26 PM   #25
BilLster
Registered Member

PKRWUD This thread is turning really stupid.

You have one and only one issue to deal with right now, and that is the TPS

jim_howard_pdx I have been wrenching engines since I was 15 years old. I have wrenched on 4 cars that ran late 8's and early 9's.

Do you know what it takes to run 11 second quarter miles? Do you understand the concept of vehicle weight, parasitic power loss from the transmission, drive shaft, and rear end. Do you understand pinion angles, weight transfer, and hook up.

So my buddy is running a 1990 Civic Hatchback. He got a Japanese R model 1.8 liter engine from an Integra, runs the ultra steep 5 speed transmission with a good clutch, posi unit, headers, special intake, a nice cold air intake, and a chip set. Everything all together cost him less than 6,000 dollars. He corners at over 1.G on the skid pad. He quarters in 12.4 seconds without nitrous or blowers, and he gets over 28 miles per gallon driving too and from the track.

Show me any 302 that will match that performance? Show me any 351 or 4.6 or 5.4 liter car?

Want to run 11 seconds stock. Buy a Turbo Porsche

well fisrt off finish with the wiring.

second off come look at me up in calgary with your buddies honda ???

third my Brothers turbo porshe doesnt run 11's

oh yeah and the cj only held its CLASS record

Also my bike runs 11 stock get over 28 mpg and cost less than the civic .

ps look up arcives on ford hi rpm engines any good racer knows thats not the way to go. or we would all be dropping in f1 engines

and no only high rpm engines need all that stuff you can build a junk yard ford engine that will run 11 .

stock 351 and twin turbo's no hight tech stuff .

e-mail me for the build up. 400 put me into the 11's