View Single Post
Old 12-02-2002, 04:10 PM   #5
blue302
Registered Member

It sounds like you have the same problem that I just encountered recently in my 89 GT. The problems I had, was the engine would crank but it will not turn on. Sometimes it would fire up, but it would quickly turn right off. I decided to just turn the ignition into to the on position and quickly realized that my fuel pump was not turning on. I decided to check the fuel pump relay (located under the driver seat) to see if I had voltage been applied at terminals 3 & 1. Terminal 1(+)&2(-) is your relay coil, when energized, will close your relay contact 3(+)&4 (ground at pump) applying a DC voltage to your pump. The relay and voltage checked out good, which meant that I had a bad pump. Once I had the pump out, I decided to test it and found that the pump was bad. Actually the pump turned on once I bang it a couple of times, but I decided to replace it anyways. So I think you probably have a bad pump or a bad fuel pump relay.
SVO Hoses, BBK H-Pipe w/conv.,Flowmasters 2Ch,
SVO 3.73 w/Auburn Diff.,95 Cobra Front brakes and Lincoln Cont. rear disc brakes and 98 cobra rims.
blue302 is offline   Reply With Quote