View Single Post
Old 07-25-2001, 01:38 PM   #8
GTGeorge
Registered Member

Thumbs up

WOW you guys are sure getting scientific!!
But for us laymen the answer is this type of crankcase evac system works well on long tube headers and needs a one way valve at the point of exit at the headers, this agrangement is much harder on short tubes but in theory should work. the exit tube should be in the collector just before the exit flange to take advantage of the flow from all cyls. I have ran this system for over 20 years on all sorts of race cars with good results and have seen horsepower increases on the dyno in real time. I do run a vac. pump on one of my combos now but see no real difference in performance numbers over a good functional valve cover to collector system (not counting mega RPM mega HP motors). I do not recommend putting this system ahead of a O2 sensor.
Just my o2's worth. oh yeah I hate having to go to a dictonary to look up a word.

------------------
93GT 398" 14:1,1080 Barry Grant Carb, nitrous fogger, c-4, Street Heats, 2" RCI long tubes, more.
79 notch 306, 5speed, carb, small plate nitrous.
88 turbo coupe 5 speed stock
91GT conv. 5.0 5speed, 3.73, and the normal bolt on stuff, just added to herd a sweet 86,SVO,5speed,306,msd,650dp,bbk,autometer,ect.
91 f-150 4x4 tow truck

GTGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote