View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 02:05 AM   #1
-viscid-01-GT-
Registered Member

Unhappy Sad night for me. . . .

Tonight on my way home, i lost my first highway race. The sadder thing is it was to a camaro. I past him cruisen on the freeway about 90, he catches up and its go time. i down-shift to 4th thinking that'll take care of him, but he off, with half a cars length ahead of me i shift to 3rd. As i am moving up on him, he just started to gain on me. I let off the gas at 140 mph while he was about 3 car lenghts ahead of me. [this is at 11:30 at night on an almost empty freeway.] I am extremely pissed that i lost. but i guess theres a first for everything. I have a stock 2001 GT with the following mods:: removed entire intake box that connects to silencer boot, running open K&n filter, magnaflow- h-pipe, and disconnected 3 chamber mufflers, so i am running without mufflers. I think that i wasnt getting that giddy-up b/c i just drove 65 miles before race so engine hot and with open k&n hot intake, and i have no back pressure off my exhaust b/c i have my exhaust cut off after h - pipe. I think these played a big part of it, but i know the camaro's are fast, but this is further inspiration to get my supercharger fast! whats the best sc for the $? Vortech is what i am told. . . any input??

ps: sorry for dissapointing any of you out there, i kno i am!!
- and what else can i do for performance for under a $100?
-viscid-01-GT- is offline   Reply With Quote