View Single Post
Old 06-10-2003, 02:38 PM   #4
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Well, I agree with WADS56. I installed some pullies on the GT a while back. I then experienced cooling problems not only at idle, but occasionaly on the freeway as well. Of course, I live in thin air (high altitude) with little or no humidity, and during the summer, temps range from 90 to 110. I swapped back to the stock water pump pulley and this helped. However, I still have occasional problems, especially in traffic. I'm about to swap back to the stock crank pulley as well. Also, at night the output of the alternator drops pretty low with the lights and vent going.

Anyway, pullies will free up a couple of horsepower for you. Expect about 5-10 hp. However, don't overlook the potential side effects. Of course, there will be others who have never had any issues whatsoever with pullies.

I concur with WADS56 on the gears suggestion as well. They will have a significant impact on the acceleration of your vehicle without increasing horsepower. And, if you really want mid 12's, you will need gears. 3.37's for a T-5 and 4.10's for an AOD is what I suggest.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote