View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 11:05 PM   #8
Coupe50h
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris_H
I have to admit, I would rather lose a little horsepower and keep my police cluth set up rather than go back to an electric fan. I had the stock set up for a while, and then bought a Black Magic because I heard nothing but good things about them. Threw it on, drove it, and within a week, had overheated. The leads for the control box broke off, and I didn't know until I pulled over to see why the car was overheating. With a clutch setup, so long as your engine is running, you know that fan is running. There is no question about whether it is working or not. I bought the police clutch and the heavy duty fan, and have yet to have any problems. I know the if the car starts to warm up a bit in traffic, all I have to do is get it moving a little, and the car cools off right away. The only con to the police clutch that I have noticed is that it's louder than normal stock setups. You can really hear that air moving through there. Just my $.02 worth.

Chris
well i wouldnt try to sell anyone on an electric fan, but i knew someone would disagree.
And why whould you want a fan running all the time? it would slow you down at the track, so why not have control over it? if something went wrong with the electric fan, then turn you engine off, it's that simple, and then see if you could fix it, if not, drive home, as long as you dont idle, you wont overheat?
if a fan breaks, it might have been defected, same with my clutch fan, maybe it was worn, but i would rather have a fan quit, then break off and destroy a radiator, or cowl hood, and cost me as much as 2 electric fans.
i dropped 250$ on my electric fan, and it better cool, and it DOES.
X-Texas highway patrol ssp 1990 coupe - exploder Gt-40 iron heads, Explorer intake, 19 lber's. E-cam. crane 1.7 rollers. 190fp. 75mm maf. 65mm tb, tubular subframe connectors, mac cai, Asp crank pulley, T-5, king cobra clutch, flowtech 1-5/8 unequals, mac X-pipe Frpp driveshaft, lakewood Lca's.
race weight 3,160

12.69 @ 107.35, 1.71 60' 26x8.5 drag's 3.90 gear

13.20 @ 106.91 - 235/60/15 firestones 2.3 60' 3.27 gear
Coupe50h is offline   Reply With Quote