View Single Post
Old 08-03-2001, 09:59 AM   #2
John
Registered Member

There are 2 ways, 1. Disconnect spout connector (the little plug on the end of distributor wiring) place timing light connector on #1 cylinder (1st plug wire on passenger side) and of course neg and pos terminals of battery, aim light at harmonic balancer, easier to see the mark if you take whiteout and mark the 14 degree mark, make sure you loosen dist. hold down bolt before starting car. turn dist. till you see the whiteout come to the far right of the timing indicator the flat side. turn off motor and tighten bolt, then recheck. 2. leave spout connector plugged in have a buddy rev car to 2000 rpm and set to about 38-39 degrees that would be around where the BTC is on the harmonic balancer. I always reset my computer after doing anything to my car but you may not have too. hope this helps John

------------------
89 Notch: ASP Pullies,
K&N Air,Transgo shiftkit,Trans. cooler,FMS 3 core Radiator, FMS 4:10's, 1.5" cowl, cold air kit, hooker shorties(jet hot coated), O/R H-Pipe, ASP solid mounts, Energy Sus. Trans. Mnt. BBK 70mm TB, MSD 6al, Dual elec. fans, 5.0 Firepower Kit, Scorpion 1.6 RR's, always room for more
John is offline   Reply With Quote