View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 02:30 PM   #16
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nixon1
Got the pin out no problem. Old Guy...did you use a 3 position toggle? How did you wire it? I've been trying to imagine where the primary signal wire for the sensor goes on this switch and I can't visualize it. I imagine both ECM input wires going to opposite sides of the switch...is there a third connector on the switch for the gauge then, which, depending on the switch position, completes the connection with either the 29 pin or the 43 pin?
sorry for the late reply
.....you have to make sure you have the right kind of switch ,there should be a simple diagram of the switch on the package it came in ........what you want is for the switch to complete the curcuit on two seperate sides with a single input .........you'd want to wire the two 02 signal wires on the seperate sides of the switch ,then wire the gauges signal wire to the center pole
.......if you can't find a diagram then use a tester to find out how the switch works........just be sure the signal wires from the 02s aren't switched together so they don't short out with each other

it's a litte hard to explain without showing you ,it might be helpful if you have a friend with a little experience in wiring to help
87 Mustang GT T-top >hanlon t-5, pro 5.0, centerforce clutch ,adj. cable/quatrant ,3.27s ,full 2 1/2 ex(off road H) adj. reg. ,e-cam ,70mm TB, cobra intake ,1.7rr ,ported/milled e7ets w/crane springs ,306 balaced/decked short block w/speed pro forged flat top pistons ...257rwhp/302rwt
best et 13.7@102 (4/11 )

'80 Capri (future project,currently collecting parts for 351 moter)
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote