View Single Post
Old 01-24-2001, 12:36 PM   #8
bossman-motorsports
Registered Member

I sure wish they would, but very highly unlikely. I would love to even find one of the old A4 302 blocks as it is superior to the boss block. I have a few bosses -www.bossman-motorsports.com - and am currently working on a clone 70 T/A Boss and plan on installing a stroker 302. A stroker 351W would be nicer, but wouldn't look right in a vintage racecar. At any rate, Ford is using the 2-bolt main blocks for its new series of strokers including their new 392 stroker which according to Horsepower TV, developed 452 horsepower on their dyno. I think that if Ford built a stroker based on one of the current 4-bolt castings, the costs would go up considerably and considering the fact that a lot of 5.0 guys developed ungodly horsepower from a 2 bolt block, probably isn't really needed. I am in the finishing stages of my Project 65 X-tremestang, a 1995 351W Lightning powered car developed for the Nevada Silver State Classic Challenge wherein you run all out over 90 miles of public highway. My short block was new in the crate and taken to Mark Jeffrey at Coast High Performance for the blueprint and balance and he even stated that with what I am doing to the motor, it will develop 450 to 500 horsepower at the flywheel, but should be okay even with the 2-bolt Lightning block. I do know, in talking to the Ford techs on their tech line, that Ford is continuing to develop more and more complete engines/short blocks in the stroker arena as there is definitely a market out there for them....

------------------
randy
www.bossman-motorsports.com
bossman-motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote