View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 08:23 PM   #26
MustangLover71
Registered Member

Question PLEASE READ< BIG SYMPTOM?

Hi guys!

aar, thanks for the posting, to respond to your questions, yes fuse was checked for fuel injector and computer.

Anyway, I wanted to add a significant clue, that I left out last night...

We noticed that when we turned the key to the on position on the stang last night, we could hear the fuel pump come on, but it didnt cut off like it normally does after a few seconds, it just kept running... Then we heard that "Rushing fuel" sound near the rail. It just kept going until we turned the key to off.

This was something we didnt notice before, and I have only found one place on line today that said:

"The fuel pump will engage, and then cut off when the outflow of fuel is pressurized (ie: by the regulator). If it doesnt cut off, the fuel was not pressurized, its a bad regulator or the pump." Does that make sense?

So what do you think guys? We bought a new regulator today, so we will replace that this weekend anyway, looks like it is going to be a pain though, we have to take the intake to get to the bolts. GEEEZ. We are starting it tomorrow. UGGHHHH.

I just wanted to add the fuel pump thing, incase you guys have heard of such a thing before and what it could mean?

I am hoping it IS the regulator, so this car will run after we get it in there

I am so excited that we may have this thing up and running soon!

Any ideas about this running pump, and rushing sound
much appreciated

Thanks so much!
MustangLover71 is offline   Reply With Quote