View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 03:22 PM   #42
~The Jester~
Rat Killer

Default Re: Still leaking?!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRoddin
I'm curious about the leaking headbolts theory, even if you have coolant coming up past the bolt threads, that area is still sealed from the outside world by the head gasket ??
Sort of. Look at your head gaskets next time you have them off. Not a lot of effort is put into sealing of those bolt holes. Well, not nearly as much effort as sealing of the combustion chamber for sure!

The spray stuff (at least around here) is called Copper Head, and it's made especially for head gaskets. AZ/Advance should have it.

I was SOOOO frustrated at Fun Ford last year. Thrased to get the car done (left mine at home AGAIN) drove up there on 2 hours sleep, set valve lash, changed oil etc etc. Get ready for 1st round quals, and then the leak started. I was Smokin Mad! The head studs are what killed us. Leaked right up through the threads, and to the "outside" world anywhere it could, including the oil pan. We actually saw it ooozing up through the nut (think studs now) is the only way we found it. Had those been bolts, we might not have found it that easy.

Guess I'm trying to take one of my bigger boo-boo's and help make it "all better" by making sure USMC isn't having the same problem. I'm not saying it IS his problem, but I sure as hell hope it's something that easy.

MICE need not apply.....

~The Jester~ is offline   Reply With Quote