View Single Post
Old 01-28-2001, 08:41 AM   #2
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

The torque box is where the front attachment point for the lower control arm is, from the factory is is just spot welded arounf the edges on hard launches these are famous for pulling away from the body, if they pull away from the body and rip off you have big problems, but it usually doesn't go that far. You don't need new torque boxes when adding SSM bars, but I would strongly suggest welding the plates to the axles and welding up the factory boxes, it is also sart to re-enforce them anyway. I(RNH PERFORMANCE) make a kit similiar to a "battle box" but with a revised design to give more support if your interested let me know I can give you more info.They bolt in, and are made from Stainless Steel so they won't rust and are stronger then a mild steel set, all bolts and instructions included $100.00.

Rick
Rick91GT@onemain.com

------------------
My Ride Check Out My Site 91GT, Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60",Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes, 2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe, 2 1/2" cat back, 12" K&N Filter, RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air, Ron Davis Radiator, Full Suspension,3:73's, Welds, Best on new motor-12.60 @ 108, no traction 1.98

[This message has been edited by Rick 91GT (edited 01-28-2001).]
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote