View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
scale
Registered Member

Default working on my front spring install...

I am working on putting new shocks and springs in my 91 coupe.

Right now i have the H&R springs all ready to put in (already have the rears in) and my bilsteins as well.....

I have tore into it pretty good. I have it up on the stands.....calipers and rotors removed (ill be replacing those as well).

Here is where i am at:

I have a few questions.....

Where can i get a new set of plates for behind my rotors like these:

Also im toying with the idea of puttin in new wheel bearings while have it apart.....

can anyone tell me if a wheel bearing kit comes with the inner seal shown here:

Finally...my last 2 questions:

How the hell do you loosen the top of the shock? All i get is spinning when i have my breaker bar on it. I can get anything in the slot on the top while the socket is on the nut....hence is spins...not loosens.....

and

What is the deal with where the arm connects to the spindal on the bottom. There is rubber deal there but on the bottom there is no grease zerk so i cant pump any new lube in there. Is that the ball joint? Shouldnt this be lubed?

Oh wait...one more....

Any good places online to purchase bearings / rotor sheilds online? Or should i get the basic bearings at my local Napa / Checker etc?

Thanks!
1991 LX coupe,AOD, red, 80k, K&N, MAC cat back, MAC off-road X, Autometer Gauges, BBK Ceramic unequals, fully polished upper intake, fuel rails, and egr, working on installing.....MM full length subs, H&R sport springs, MM Lower control arms, MM caster camber plates, bilstein shocks, struts.
scale is offline   Reply With Quote