View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 07:52 PM   #14
scale
Registered Member

Default Re: working on my front spring install...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy669 View Post
Lower ball joints are a breeze. Auto Zone will loan you the press you need and it shouldnt take more than a half hour.

Andy
christ.....i finally got the a-arm nuts out on the passenger side.

The whole arm seems to be springy as in a push it down....it comes back up.

I can get the rear bolt out or at least to move....in and out

the front one......if i torque on that the arm goes down with it. it is like it is frozen to the arm. I smacked ithe bolt a few times to get it try and move the bolt. It seemed to loosen it some. It is almost as if it is spring loaded some how.

Wtf is the deal here? IS it suppose to be like that? I dont want to damage anything. My guess is that it isnt suppose to be and that the rubber bushing has fused and twisted with the bolt at some point.

I have to wrench like heck to get it to spin even with the nut off so i just want to be sure before i keep going that it isnt suppose to do that

Seems funny to me that the arm would be spring loaded with one of the mounting bolts some how......

can someone clear this up for me?

______________________________-

Well here is an update.

It would seem that the front bolt has fused with the damn crush sleeve. It wont move for anything.

Ive burned away most of the bushing with a torch.
Tried soaking it (4 days in penatrating oil)
Tried impact gun and impact hammer.....

beat the hell out of it with a pipe....

hehe im out of ideas. How do you get the crush sleeve to seperate from the bolt? It isnt moving for anything as far as i can tell. If i had a cutting torch i think i know the answer

Im trying to reuse my arms....so i dont want to damage those
1991 LX coupe,AOD, red, 80k, K&N, MAC cat back, MAC off-road X, Autometer Gauges, BBK Ceramic unequals, fully polished upper intake, fuel rails, and egr, working on installing.....MM full length subs, H&R sport springs, MM Lower control arms, MM caster camber plates, bilstein shocks, struts.

Last edited by scale; 04-01-2007 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: UPATE
scale is offline   Reply With Quote