Thread: ECM flash
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #6
mudchucker
Registered Member

Default Re: ECM flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoss View Post
your cam may not be providing enough idle vacuum to idle right - bet that is where yoiur problem is - right? Does it run fine at WOT? Definately only run 19# injectors with the SD EEC. An AFPR can help with tune if your car needs more than 39# of fuel.
Unfortunately that is not where my problem is. What is happening is at WOT it runs great until about 3000-3500 rpm then it start bucking and kicking, sometimes even backfiring. I would have thought it was a timing issue, but i have tried every timing mark from 0-full advance trying to get this thing to run right. Spout in, spout pulled, nothing helps. it seems like it is running rich as hell at idle and leans way out as the rpms go up. I have installed a larger fuel pump and just put on an adjustable regulator, didn't change a thing. My only other thought is maybe the MAP isn't getting enough vacuum to do what it is supposed, but not sure. So i figured i was beyond spec for the stock ECM and changing to MAF is the next option, or getting a custom tune. However, i can't seem to get anyone to give me an idea of cost for an ECM tune. I know how much it will cost to go to MAF, but i am trying to way my options.

Thanks,
Aaron
mudchucker is offline   Reply With Quote