Thread: Surging idle
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 12:41 AM   #3
rwhite65
Ride Hard

Default Re: Surging idle

So I thought I had it figured out, now I am not sure. However, I think I am chasing it down.

Decided to pull a plug, found that is was very black wit oil....dang it. This torques me off, cause I still have the plugs I ran in the E7TE's and they still look like new after two seasons....

Only three months old....maybe 1,000 miles.

So then I pulled all the rest I can easily get to, all are black....

Just before peeps say it is a Ring or the short block.....negative....all 8 old plugs looked like this after two seasons of driving before my head swap

So I was hoping it was intake gasket leak from hell, but doubt that even though I used the wrong washers on my intake. I am wondering if my freshly prepped heads by a local and reputable racing machine shop....dropped the ball and didn't really check my valve guides. To top it off, my neighbor came over and told me he has noticed a light smoke when I fire the car up here lately.

any opinions? I am trying to figure out where I should go with this before I pull the heads for no reason. I already yanked the intake and I don't see any issues with leaks there.

On a side note, right before I pulled it down, the problem was more pronounced even during a cold start up. I also checked the valve train, adjusted nicely already.
thanks,
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote