View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
fongo
Registered Member

Cool choice of heads for 170K mi engine.. need help

Hi everyone.
I recently blew the left head gasket on my 93 5.0 with 170K miles on it. I'm the original owner and tried to maintain the car as best as possible (no racing, no 'redlining' etc.). However, as a results of what just happened, I'm thinking of puttin new heads on the engine (not bothering shaving the current stock heads) and maybe a new upper/lower intake with throttle body 65mm. I'm interested in good low-end torque, a decent pickup in HP (have no blower), keep the stock cam (but putting in a new timing chain & sprocket), and decent highway MPG emission-legal. Having this in mind, I'm thinking about the following:
1. Edelbrock E-street heads:1.90"/1.60" Valves & 60Cc Combustion Chamber, 170Cc Intake Runners
2. Trick-flow: Twisted Wedge - Small Block Ford Aluminum, Non O-Ringed With Standard Spring, 61 cc chambers, 2.02" intake/1.60" exhaust valves.
Any other suggestions are welcomed.
thanks!
fongo
1993 GT, MAC Fenderwell Cold Air Induction; Accel dist.,Splitfire plugs, BBK: 1 5/8 unequal length shorties, hi flow H-pipe w/ cats; Flowmasters 2 chamber American Thunder catback system, Motorsports 3-core radiator, 180º thermostat, BBK adj. clutch quad...the rest is bone stock!..but more mods to come!!
fongo is offline   Reply With Quote