View Single Post
Old 01-29-2001, 04:27 PM   #4
Skankin
Registered Member

Get rid of the stock 4 cat H-pipe before you worry about the catback... that thing is aweful, and the catback won't do much with it in the way.

Even a high flow cat pipe would be an improvement.

On a near stock engine, I'd keep the headers for now, or you'll trade off the low end, and not gain much up top.

As for the K/N, I think a fendermount kit is best. I made a ram air, using the stock filter box... the K/N stops a lot of stuff (bugs & grit scooped up), but a lot of it is right around the ram air hole... so the rest of the filter isn't 'breathing' as much as it could.

Again, I'd go for an underdrive crank pulley, but keep the rest stock.

------------------
'89.5 5L LX, hatch, Medium Canyon Red, 155K Km (No winters), 5sp, 3.08, GT interior, a/c, Alpine CD, K/N, Crane PS91, Walbro 190 LPH, March Pulleys, Mr. Gasket 180 therm (HP balanced), 3 core rad, MarkVIII fan, Variflow controller, Polygraphite front bushings, FMS-5300B springs, 6 KYB's, 73mm Calipers, Maximum Motorsport 4pt chassis brace, Western Motorsport Racing's Sub-frame connectors. Re-ringed bottom end, conv. motor mounts, melling oil pump, FMS-C50 waterpump, GT40P heads (blended, polli
Skankin is offline   Reply With Quote