View Single Post
Old 02-03-2001, 10:51 AM   #7
over 40 five oh driver
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Agree with Skyler and previous couple of posts!!! 340-350 FWHP...F being FLYWHEEL, is definitely possible and I would say, extremely probable. Those are good heads and your real challenge will be to select the proper cam, and this is where many go wrong. If you have the heads worked over, have them flowed as these numbers will be one of the most important aspects of selecting a proper cam. Next, emissions and driveability may be a concern, although my 5.0 has run a solid roller with .561 lift int/exh, and 230/236 int/exh duration and passed sniffer test with no problems. It now has the XE274 and still passes with flying colors. It also depends on possible future mods, i.e. a blower, etc. Main thing is take your time on a cam selection!!!! I love this CompCams XE series, but their are many other good cams out there. I also used the DeskTop Dyno 2000 to get a feel for how a multitude of factors would affect torque and HP. But in answer to your query, YES, 340-350 FWHP is probably a foregone conclusion...about 290-300 RWHP. Main thing is the cam...with your weight in the 95 GT, and, if it is mainly a street warrior, I'd select a cam that gives you a broad, fairly flat torque curve. Good luck guy...

------------------
*92' GT, Keith Craft Racing 306 (10.25:1 CR), PRO-M 80mm MAF,65MM TB, Edelbrock U/L intake,
TFS-TW heads milled .056" (52cc chambers), CompCams XE274HR (.555/.565" lift w/1.6 rockers), A-351 adjustable roller rockers, 30# injectors,
Kirban FPR w/external pump, FRPP ceramic coated headers, Bassani X-pipe w/cats, Bassani cat back, Centerforce DF clutch/T.O. bearing...MSD 6AL w/MSD distributor, Steeda Tri axe, aluminum D/S, 3.73's, w/Factory Five U/L control arms. Lakewood 50/50 shocks. Stee
over 40 five oh driver is offline   Reply With Quote