View Single Post
Old 03-16-2001, 12:19 PM   #7
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by COP TZR:
Hey, no one could answer the problem better than me. If it's a GT and foglights are on it's the factory Ford light relay because your over heating the headlight relay which causes headlights to flicker.
Second, if it's and LX than it's the actual headlight switch. I drove for 2 months pulling it out hold out the window cool off then plug back in NO JOKE. All you have to do is pull out a bit then look in and there is a clip, just stick a screw driver in and pry outward. Very easy, and don't piss around with old ones, or just cooling it off, I've done both a new one cost me $40.00CDN after 15%TAX so it's not worth the hassle. I do grab spare ones whenever I can though, you never know eh.
Yeah, I'm betting all my money on that answer. I can try all I want to make it flicker when I first turn on the lights by turning it on and off, switching turn signal, high beam/low beam, etc, but it won't do it nothing. ONLY when I have been driving one for a long distance w/ the lights the whole time does it start flickering.
Thanks again for your (plural) input.

-------------------------------
'79 Mustang Coup
4" Cowl
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8)
Stock 5.8L
C4 w/ shift kit
1.5" MAC full length headers
Holley 750 CFM
Edelbrock intake
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
8.8" Rear end w/ 3.55 gears (Now that's more like it!!)
Front: 225/60/15 Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup soon)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green
that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither
behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote