View Single Post
Old 11-19-2001, 09:25 PM   #25
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

***Here's my thoughts. The LS1 is overrated. I don't care how much you love your LS1 1BAD89. I don't like them. I think they are junk. If they aren't, it would be just about the first engine GM has come out with that wasn't.

;o) LOL.

***I don't like the idea of an LS1 in a Mustang. It's quite insulting, really. The idea that you can't find a decent Ford engine to put into it. I don't care how fast it is. A stock LS1 weighs about 600lbs more than a Fox and has more weight for a better launch. A low 12 would imply the LS1 is good for a mid/high 12 stock. Which is pretty much BS. It's a rarity that they've been seen to do that, the ones that have are total freaks. Like most people have seen, the LS1 is a mid 13 car. Dropping 600lbs might get you into the 12's. Unless you have some suspension work, you can forget about low 12's though. A fox has narrow *** tires, and no weight on the back.

You can say all you want about the LS1 engine, 13.4's out of a stock automatic is impressive. You haven't driven one, so what the heck are you talking about? You don't know real life, you know specs., or should I say, you can look up specs? And I'm talking Racing at a "DRAG STRIP", you know? The place you've never raced a car at? I find it hard for someone to critisize 1/4 times, etc..when you've NEVER raced a car at a strip. Well at the drag strip peope use things called slicks, not "skinny a$$ mustang tires"....Dam*, how dumb are you? And the LS1's don't launch worth a crap, especially M6's, now a mustang launches awesome on slicks. And it doesn't really matter how much weight you have in the back when you are running slicks and you heat them up real good. And about the BS on 12's all stock, I've seen 4-2002 Z28's running 12.8-9's, BONE STOCK! Ignorant...do you think someone who is going to go to the trouble of swapping an LS1 in a 90 coupe is going to put skinny a$$ stock tires on it, and take it to the strip? OMG. LMFAO. I'm in shock that you even said someting sooooooo dumb.