Thread: 5.0 engine temp
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2001, 02:21 AM   #3
chris91LX
Registered Member

I put in a new water pump last year, the edelbrock, and while I was at it I threw in a 180' thermostat and my normal engine temp dropped about 25 degrees. I had the pulley's on too, and I didn't really notice a difference in the engine temp. after I put them on, but it wasn't long before my water pump went and I replaced it and the thermostat, and that was a huge difference. Put in the new thermostat, it's about five bucks and an hour of your time and see what happens. I know with the water pump pulley on the water pump is not as efficient, so you might want to look at that too. There is also a product called Water Wetter, an additive for your radiator, that is supposed to help reduce engine temps, I've heard good things but never tried it.

------------------
91 LX 5.0
Z t-5, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3:73's, Vortech 73mm Mass Air, Accufab 65mm TB, BBK underdrives, BBK unequal length headers, Bassani x pipe, 2.5" Dynomax Super Turbo cat back, Kenny Brown Super Subs, Factory Five Control Arms, Crane HI-6S Ignition, and more to come!
chris91LX is offline   Reply With Quote